Posts Tagged ‘article submission site’
Powered by Max Banner Ads
Try not to make these mistakes in article marketing.
It is so easy to make these mistakes. I know, because
I am a guilty one.
Every article submission site seems to have different editorial
guidelines. But NEVER purposefully use commonly misspelled
words in your article title to try to gain traffic from humans who
mispell words in their searches. It’s sneaky and ruin your credibility.
1. Double check spelling and word usage in your article title.
2. Commas are allowed, but only in the middle of a title.
3. Do not put a period at the end of your article title.
4. All colons(:) and semicolons (;), long and medium dashes,
pipes (|), and slashes (\) are to be replaced with two short dashes (–),
or changed to word equivalents.
5. Ampersands (&) and parentheses ( ) are allowed.
6. Quotation marks are allowed to emphasize a part of a title,
but not the entire title. Please remove quotes around the entire
article as they are superfluous and of no benefit to the author or
7. Microsoft Smart Quotes: Please remove them. They break
RSS feeds, emails, etc.
8. Never put an article number in the title of an article.
9. Never purposefully use commonly misspelled words in your
articletitle to try and gain traffic from humans who misspell
words in their searches. WHY? It’s sneaky and can ruin your
credibility as an expert.
10. Never put a year or date in the title of an article. This
greatly reduces the “shelf-life” and marketability of your
Tip: If you want to update or “freshen” up your article,
update the copyright date in your resource box as a
marker that will tell the reader when you originally wrote
Writing articles for syndication means that your content
will be read for many years and decades to come.
Consider that for a moment before you write your next
Having a smart article title is the key to hooking more
readers, but article title is only the envelope in your
article marketing campaign. What’s inside your article
envelope will determine if the reader is satisfied enough
to begin to understand and/or trust you.
Ready to submit your next set of quality original articles?
Don’t be afraid…..Just Do It. (But follow the guidelines)
(Excerpts from Ezine Articles.com Training)